SOD INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Prepare seed/ground bed – remove old grass, weeds, rocks or any other material that might inhibit the sod roots from coming in full contact with the soil.
- Apply M-Root OR Endo-Root, a fertilizer and enzyme material designed to help with water and nutrient absorption. This material will help with root establishment. RATE: 10 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Hand roll the sod once installed.
- Over-seed with groSMART Treated Turf Type Tall Fescue to insure grass germinates in all gaps at intersection between sod sections. RATE: 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- If installing multiple pallets consider splitting cutting and installation over two days. Do not have a large number of pallets delivered on the same day where the time of installation may result in the sod being exposed to direct sun/high temperatures for long periods of time. It does not take long in summer/fall heat to harm the sod. Of course time on pallet will vary depending on the number and experience of the installation team.
- Water in immediately after installation. RATE: 1 hour per zone. Every day thereafter for one week water 3 times a day starting at 4:00 AM for twenty minutes per zone. The next two weeks water 2 times a day for twenty minutes per zone. Thereafter, and depending on weather conditions return, to fewer but longer watering periods such that each zone receives 1” of water per week.
- Inspect sodded area several times a week to check on coloration and wetness of the underlying soil. Adjust watering accordingly.
- Do not mow during period of multiple daily watering events (first 3-4 weeks).
- Approximately 30 days after installation apply 18-24-12. RATE: 50 lbs./ 12,500 sq. ft.
- Approximately 8-10 weeks after #9 above apply 22-0-11. RATE: 50 lbs. bag/ 12,500 sq. ft.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!